Trinity County RCD's Goals for Forest Health include:
- Facilitate countywide private land strategic plan for fuels reduction and forest health.
- Provide technical assistance to private landowners to improve forest health.
- Sponsor countywide strategic plan development for fuels management and forest health.
- Work with CDF to develop community fire management plans.
- Develop GIS data and analysis for planning.
- Facilitate neighborhood meetings to plan neighborhood fuels reduction projects.
- Participate in Trinity County Fire Safe Council to coordinate management of fire safety/forest policy on public and private lands.
- Develop timber management plans with landowners.
- Assist landowners in applying for state or federal cost share programs.
- Utilize Registered Professional Forester consultant to assist private timber owners to develop long term timberlands management plans.
The Desired Outcome of our work in this area is to reduce the risk of catastrophic fire by improving forest health.
CDF Fire Safety Information
Community Public Safety Zones & Emergency Routes
Fuels Reduction Plans & Projects
- Downriver Fire & Fuel Management Plan by Ken Baldwin for USFS (1.1Mb PDF)
- Plan Vicinity Map (3.1Mb PDF)
- Fire Access & Infrastructure Map (3.3Mb PDF)
- Hawkins Bar Project Locations Map (1.2Mb PDF)
- Salyer Project Locations Map (1.2Mb PDF)
- Hudson Creek Project Locations Map (1.2Mb PDF)
- South Fork Road Project Locations Map (2.4Mb PDF)
- Fire Starts & Burn Areas Map (1.3Mb PDF)
- Fuels Condition Class Map (1.4Mb PDF)
- Flame Length Map (1.5Mb PDF)
- Geology Map (3.1Mb PDF)
- Soils Map (1.3Mb PDF)
- Grass Valley Creek Fire Management Plan by Ken Baldwin for BLM (3.2Mb PDF)
- East Branch (Weaver Creek)
- East Branch Final Report (667Kb PDF)
- East Branch Brochure
- East Branch Report by Mark Lancaster
- Hayfork (Hyampom Rd)
- Covington Mill/Long Canyon
- Long Canyon Brochure
- East Fork Forest Health/Fuels Management Plan by Ken Baldwin (5.4Mb PDF)
- Timber Ridge (1.9Mb PDF)
- Post Mountain
Post-Fire Rehabilitation and Water Quality Monitoring
Trinity County Fire Safe Council
- Trinity County Community Wildfire Protection Plan - Final Signed 2010 Plan Update (33Mb PDF)
- Miners Fire Input & Responses - Public Comments from September Fire Safe Council Meeting (55Kb PDF)
- Trinity County Community Wildfire Protection Plan - Officially Signed Final Publication (6.9Mb PDF)
- Trinity County Fire Safe Council History (377Kb PDF)
- "Living With Wildfire" - Special Edition Conservation Almanac (5.7Mb PDF)
- Fire Safe Council MoU (25Kb PDF)
- Fire Safe Council Presentation/Display
- TCFSC Successes
- Fire Management Plan (887Kb PDF)
- Fire Model Report-Byron Clark & Madeline Ransom
- Fire Safe Brochure (178Kb PDF)
- List of Fuels Reduction Projects
- Fire Safe Council Planning
- Fire Safe Council Minutes